This post is about physical security, but still relevant . . .
Surviving Workplace Violence
On December 13th Library Director Susan Pieperwith the Paulding County Library in Ohio offered this timely post on Publib:I shared this short video with my staff during a staff meeting this fall.
Homeland Security released it and in light of the recent tragic shootings,
I think every library staff and every citizen should watch it.:
The video was produced with a Department of Homeland Security Grant by the City of Houston Mayor’s Office of Public Safety and Homeland Security. It includes three key concepts ~
RUN – When an active shooter is in your vicinity:
- If there is an escape path, attempt to evacuate
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Help others escape if possible.
- Prevent others from entering the area.
- Call 911 when you are safe.
HIDE – When Escape is not possible:
- Lock and / or blockade the door.
- Silence your cell phone.
- Hide behind…
View original post 686 more words